Welcome to the Scandinavica website
Scandinavica is a scholarly journal focusing on the literature and culture of all the Nordic countries.
On our website you can find details of recent issues, including the full text of some articles and all reviews, as well as information about how to subscribe, how to submit an article for publication, and how to contact us. Brief biographical sketches of some of our recent contributors are also available.
Articles from our latest issue
- Frithjof and Röde Orm: Two Swedish Viking Impersonations
- Satirising the Norwegian Language Conflict: Gabriel Scott's Babels taarn Contextually Reconsidered
- The Nightingale as Voice Object in H. C. Andersen's Nattergalen
- Narrating Place and Perspective: Frederick Delius and Ibsen's Paa vidderne
- A Desire Gone Astray: Ibsen's Little Eyolf
- Framing the March of Time: Lars von Trier's Dimension
Scandinavica concentrates on the culture and literature of:
- The Faroe Islands