Welcome to the Scandinavica website
Scandinavica is a scholarly journal focusing on the literature and culture of all the Nordic countries.
On our website you can find details of recent issues, including the full text of some articles and all reviews, as well as information about how to subscribe, how to submit an article for publication, and how to contact us. Brief biographical sketches of some of our recent contributors are also available.
Articles from our latest issue
- Language and Nationalism in the Nineteenth Century: Nynorsk and Scots in Comparative Context
- A 'nødvendighetens skinn'?: The Conclusion of Ibsen's Little Eyolf and its Meaning
- The Death-Poems to Michael Strunge and the Death of David Bowie
- Contesting the Collective Memory of Nazism in Norway: The Case of Kjartan Fløgstad's Novel Grense Jakobselv (2009)
Scandinavica concentrates on the culture and literature of:
- The Faroe Islands
Find out more
- Past Issues
- About Scandinavica
- Contact Details
- Subscription Details
- Submission Guidelines for Authors